- seeking relief from the recent heat at a cityside beach. The youngest and her friend enjoy the typical things a beach has to offer..
- a tween street stall, selling handmade cards and origami creations, all their own idea. Two friends just having a bit of fun
- handspun yarn. My first attempt at a standard three ply, this yarn has two strands of alpaca and one strand of corriedale wool (the lighter coloured thread). It measures up to be a thick 10-12 ply...I can't wait to knit with it!
- fibre preparation on the ancient drum carder on loan from spinning group. Here, some dyed alpaca in a shade of pale purple
- from the garden. Nosey tomatoes?
- tomatoes are going with every meal at the moment. This day, hubby made a delicious tomato and cheese 'sanga' for our lunch, with fresh basil. Yum..
- tuna patties..always an easy dinner when there is a heatwave in town
- Toffee apple made by the stall partner of the tween. How could it not hit the spot? And the apple is eaten afterwards! Success!!