"Springy!"

It's feeling decidedly 'springy' here lately. Gusty gales, warm sunny days followed by chilly days with wintery rain..and then back to sunny days. The grass is constantly in a state of knee high threatening to waist high in some areas! Apple and pear blossom is out and our meals are shifting to lighter offerings...which is so nice after the heaviness of winter food! This is a glimpse of my garden during a recent wander..

Apple..planted so long ago I can't remember the variety. It has yet to fruit for us..
Quince in flower. I can't wait for the day when we manage to grow full size quinces!
Garlic continues to plod along...
Lighter meals call for wraps. Nicest if they are homemade..
Scones don't feel so naughty if wholemeal flour is used! Healthy? Of course! Or at least an element of...
Back in the kitchen..fried rice with abundant omelettes from our eggs. I do love omeletty fried rice!
A basket of  springy blooms from my wander. Happy weekend people!


Comments

  1. I smile - I am so enjoying the cooler, blustery fall days,, but I remember spring - so enjoy! I am tired and am thinking of afghans and warm bread and stews! It is fun to watch the juxtaposition of the seasons. You have beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the days here grow shorter and colder, I enjoy even more watching the opposite happening in your gorgeous photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is sweeping in here and it's time to pull out the sweaters and enjoy winter squashes that are coming into season now. Your scones look like they'd make a wonderful autumn breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to make homemade wraps, could you post your recipe, they look wonderful. Awesome photos by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very simple, Busy mum..see below. :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely! And trippy to think as I'm getting fully into fall here in Portland, to know I'll be in Melbourne in 7 weeks as summer is kicking off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, lovely pics...I too would love the wraps recipe.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very simple, Ali - just 3 cups of your favourite flour (I used a mixture of plain/bakers and masa lista), a good pinch of salt, a dribble of olive oil and mix to a dough with warm water. Knead well and roll out into rounds. Dry cook in a pan over med-high heat. Fill and eat! ;)

      Delete
  7. That basket of flowers makes me feel happy just to look at it! It's so exciting just to think that we still have the whole of summer ahead of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, Christine! Spring really has sprung, looks like it's glorious and colourful at your place! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful pictures - spring truly is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gorgeous! I do love stopping by and taking in what you have been up to, your photos always make me smile. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts