Good things..

Tween girls who like to bake. Our 11yo is forming a small selection of tried and tested recipes. This one is her current favourite.  The mixture makes great cupcakes, too!

 Spinning up a couple of hundred grams of Bluefaced Leicester wool. I am on a mission to finish a project that is long overdue!
 I hope it will be enough. Fingers and toes are crossed! It is super soft and very 'springy'.

 Enjoying autumn pumpkin soups. The weather has been most favourable for soup consumption lately.

 Bringing the last of the tomato stragglers inside. Not many left out there now..

Coming across a pattern for a shawlette. Did you know that Carle from Nurturing Fibres is offering the Sunny Days shawlette pattern for free during May? Hop on over to Nurturing Fibres to take a look. :)

Taking part in a test knit. My first ever! This knit is for the lovely Linda from Natural Suburbia
 So exciting!

The wonderful bloggers who take time out each month to join in the Slow Living monthly updates. YOU are the bees knees, didn't you know? Thankyou! See what's been happening with them lately here. 

 Ending my weeks with Friday veggie group. No matter how busy the rest of the week is, it is my one little morning to reconnect with ladies who were once like minded gardeners but over the course of five years (has it really been that long? Eeep!) have become good friends. The best!

Hoping you're finding a little time in your week for some good things. :)

Comments

  1. I love hearing about all your knitting and spinning projects. You are very lucky to have a little gardening group/friends to meet with each week. It is the kind of thing I would like to start when we move to NZ to meet new people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weekly group is a really great way to form bonds with others, Fiona. Wishing you all the best for your move when the time comes. :)

      Delete
  2. Your wool looks gorgeous and I love the idea of a veggie group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkin soup looks yummy is it the standard recipe or something you would like to share. I love hearing about your veggie group turned friends I think it's wonderful. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia. Ps. I actually started this blog vs my normal family one after finding your slow living essentials so i must actually do a post on the previous month as i haven't posted one yet. www.oursimpleandmeaningfullife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the look of your wool, I'm sure it would be lovely to touch. I've just used the last of our tomatoes also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, tried to leave you my new blog link, here it is again www.tuliprainbow.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, the soup is very basic - saute onion and garlic, add pumpkin and cover with chicken stock or water, boil until tender then whizz. Add cream and season well. Roast pumpkin is also really yummy if you get a chance to cook it this way (or have leftovers from a big roast dinner). We also quite like a curried version of pumpkin soup - a good dollop of thai red curry paste while the onions are cooking usually does the trick. ;)

      Thanks for stopping by and for the link to your new blog, Sue!

      Delete
  6. Love the look of your Leicester wool. I have justed purchased a little to spin and it's spinning up nicely. I should have enough for a beanie and gloves for Mark.Your spinning is so lovely and even. I hope mine will be as good one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Kate, enjoy spinning this up. You know, when beginning to spin I thought all my problems were solved because the yarn would be wool and I could then get onto knitting without any further ado..but I was so wrong, there are so many different types of wool, and then to add more choice - so many different types of fibre that the options for homemade yarn are endless! Just today I was in the Melbourne Spinners and Weaveres Guild and a man came in with two elegant afghan dogs and a jumper that was knitted with their hair - absolutely amazing!! Happy spinning. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm always a little sad when I harvest the last tomatoes of the season. Of course now, I am in total anticipation for the first tomato (probably sometime in July depending on the weather.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that time when the first tomatoes appear and the summer is full of hope! Enjoy. :)

      Delete
  8. your spinning looks so smooshy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carle, if truth be told it's probably a little too smooshy but I had to try and replicate what had been spun several months ago! Lovely to have you stopping by. :)

      Delete
  9. Your pumpkin soup looks yummy! We're moving into Spring here so it'll be a while before it's pumpkin season again, but now I'm yearning for winter squash season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so long in the scheme of things, Bev. Enjoy your warmer weather! :)

      Delete
  10. There's so much goodness going on in this post.
    Thank you very much for test knitting the Sherpa hat for me, I really appreciate it.
    :)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Christine. All of it :-)
    Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day yesterday.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful to have a 'Friday veggie group'. And hope all has settled down after the chaos ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your words about vegie group, wonder if well still be gardening when we're grannies, the best of friends. Such an important part of my week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts