Shades of Purple

As I was sorting through some fibre yesterday, it occurred to me that I hadn't shared the scarf I finished late last year for my daughter. It was one of those projects that kept getting put aside while other, more important projects were finished but then with the festive season around the corner and a deadline on the calender, I pulled it back out and got it finished just in time!

With the heat of summer, it's probably not the most ideal time of year to be gifting warm woollens, but a due date for gifting always seems to get me into action.


The scarf was knitted using a skein of handspun/hand dyed alpaca yarn that was started way back here. I was interested to see how the colours of the yarn would look once it was knitted and found it beyond exciting to see the different shades appearing on the needles, row after row!


I still have such a long way to go when it comes to knitting lace, I can never seem to end up with the correct amount of stitches at the end of each pattern row..ugh.


However, seeing those colours knitted up into something useful makes my heart sing and the finished scarf is smooshy soft which I was so relieved about especially after a recent not so smooshy soft handspun project was cast off (and inevitably unraveled!). 


Please don't ask me the name of the pattern..it was from a borrowed magazine and I can't for the life of me remember which one, let alone which edition! A good lesson..take more notes along the way next time. ;)

Linking up with the lovely Linda today. 

Comments

  1. So pretty!!! And I know what you mean about the excitement of watching the colors appear. I've come across a couple of yarns like that, where the color of each row or even each stitch was a joy to see. But neither was my own hand-dyed, sorry to say. Maybe next time :)

    I often have a tough time with stitch patterns that other (better, I'm sure!) knitters describe as "easy to memorize." I seem to have a better chance of not-ripping-back with patterns I don't even try to memorize, because it forces me to pay attention as I go along. One might say, "as I plod along," but I don't mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, scarf and photo's. Very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, those colours are gorgeous Christine. I'm totally addicted to colour-change yarns so I know what you mean about the colours appearing. My next project is dyeing something with natural dyes like elderberries, I hope it turns out as pretty as your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is absolutely gorgeous! :) I would wear that with pride and pleasure - such a lucky girl your daughter is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This scarf is so beautiful and it's a handspun and hand dyed yarn, too gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors are amazing. I find I need a deadline as well to get some things done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful I love purple and pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so delicate - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your knitting skills are way beyond mine. I knit left-handed and find it difficult to find instruction for that. On your scarf, the colors blend together well and it looks very soft to the touch. A winning combination.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts