Everyday life..


- seeking relief from the recent heat at a cityside beach. The youngest and her friend enjoy the typical things a beach has to offer..
- a tween street stall, selling handmade cards and origami creations, all their own idea. Two friends just having a bit of fun
- handspun yarn. My first attempt at a standard three ply, this yarn has two strands of alpaca and one strand of corriedale wool (the lighter coloured thread). It measures up to be a thick 10-12 ply...I can't wait to knit with it!
- fibre preparation on the ancient drum carder on loan from spinning group. Here, some dyed alpaca in a shade of pale purple
- from the garden. Nosey tomatoes?
- tomatoes are going with every meal at the moment. This day, hubby made a delicious tomato and cheese 'sanga' for our lunch, with fresh basil. Yum..
- tuna patties..always an easy dinner when there is a heatwave in town
- Toffee apple made by the stall partner of the tween.  How could it not hit the spot? And the apple is eaten afterwards! Success!!

Comments

  1. I'm also carding and spinning at the moment, yet to try a 3 ply though. Yours looks great. Also eating lots of tomatoes and basil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Kate, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been up to!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Love the homemade fortune cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, live and learn. The youngest was quite worried because her fortune after she purchased a cookie was..."Be careful on Tuesday"! Lol!

      Delete
  3. look at that beautiful spinning... I think your every day life sounds wonderful Christine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Bryds. I do think your lifestyle is pretty cool itself! x

      Delete
  4. I just LOVE the pointy nose tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes, Linda. They caused quite a chuckle. Our latest finds have been tomatoes with belly buttons. Some with 'innies' and some with 'outies'! :)

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful craft and veggies - you are an inspiration Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post just says "Summer! Summer! Summer!!!" Such a relief to my eyes and mind, as the weather here was nice for two days then plunged back into bitter cold and windy. I feel sorry for the goats, who have been releasing cashmere gradually for a couple of weeks. I can put my extra layers back on, but they have to just spend more time out of the wind. Still, it's not time wasted...I think this is when they work on their magic tricks repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Your vegetables look so fabulous! I can't wait for summer here (Atlanta, Georgia USA). Your garden posts inspire me to grow even more foods this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures - I love the way your tweens made this stall ...how lovely to think that this is what they choose to do with their day. I am also taken in by their advertising ....mmmm I wonder what is in that lucky dip, and what is the rare toy? - I would have spent my money there for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics and the vegetables look wonderful but no mention of the pumpkin in the text. I was wondering what type it was.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts