Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday

Frozen bananas and raspberries whizzed together..


..to create a healthy, cooling ice treat.

It's good, very good!
However I think I may have gotten a little excited at the prospect of using up some homegrown raspberries! Oops.
 (See Amber's post over at Cumquats and Quinces for more info).

The teen, she sews! 


And makes her very first top!

And it fits! Whoop!!


I didn't think she would have the patience for it, but she proved me wrong and is already planning her next project..shorts!

Homemade ricotta, made to go into a pie..

After being inspired by The Greek Vegetarian.

She has only been blogging for a couple of weeks and already has the most delicious collection of recipes (and amazing photography, too! *drool*). Pop on over and say hi if you get a chance, I'm sure she'd love to see you.


Big sisters who make cakes and let little sisters lick the beaters are The Best!

Hoping your weekend was relaxed to the bone. :)

13 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the banana raspberry ice thing! and that pie looks delicious.
    What a clever daughter you have, her top is beautiful, and such lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Emma, she totally blew me away! The fabric is actually from a pillowcase.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I am impressed by your teen! Can't wait to see the shorts. Good on you for raising skilled children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh your ricotta pie looks delish!
    My Mum taught me to sew when I was little - I can still remember sewing my first top with a proper pattern when I was about your daughter's age (and I still have the top as a keepsake)! A wonderful skill for life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda, however I think her definition and my definition of shorts are umm...slightly different! Since when did shorts get so..short? :)

      Aww, that's so sweet, Amber. I remember getting my first sewing machine for my 13th birthday..it must be the age, eh?

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the mention Christine! Isn't home-made ricotta the best? I love just eating it warm straight out of the strainer!! Oh and that frozen banana/raspberry whizz looks positively YUM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Lisa. You are a natural at this blogging thing. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, what an impressive sewing project! It looks beautiful. Well done, "Teen"! :)

    This post made me smile over and over again...and that ricotta picture made my mouth water! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great first attempt at sewing by your daughter. can't wait to see what she comes up with next. Clever girl and credit also to her mum for giving her the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Quinn, the top was cut from a vintage dress pattern two sizes two large, so she did really well to have it fit (the sewing gods were smiling down big time!).

      Thanks, Kate, you are very kind. It helped sitting at the table with her with my knitting..right there to answer the inevitable queries.

      Delete
  7. Clever girl. If she can make something like that as a first attempt, imagine how awesome her sewing skills are going to be 5 years down the track. (proud mama?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes, perhaps Brydie. However, I believe it was the call of thrift that got her to the machine. A new top for under $5? She was there! ;)

      Delete
  8. OH your daughter did an AMAZING job on her first top, I'm looking forward to seeing how her shorts turn out. Looks like she has some of her Mom's talents! And that pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...