Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekend


Glorious sunshine at last. A weekend of garden jobs and bonfires. There is plenty of burning off to do here at present with fallen bark and branches galore.  The days still allow for a little daisy chain making though and watching them sit in the sun forming their creations warms my heart.

Taking some time to celebrate Father's day and watching them hang off hubby, literally at times.
Recalling past Father's Days and reflecting that this one is the first without my own father.
Soaking up moments of flickering flames to empty my mind. They have that effect on me. It's nice, I like it.

So incredibly blown away that month in, month out so many lovely people are joining in the Slow Living wrap up. Frustrated that it takes me so long to get around to visit you all, my internet trawlings occur at a snail's pace you see. So grateful that you understand.

Looking forward to visiting your spaces soon. :)


{We seem to have acquired another woodfired vessel. A chiminea made from cast iron that not only warms those close to it but cooks food as well. Watch this space for further chimi-speriments}


11 comments:

  1. Amazing weekend, I had totally forgotten about making necklaces and chains from daisies, they are gone now, but I will have to introduce this next summer here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah... your photo's are so lovely, I can almost smell the smoke and greeness everywhere! Beautiful daisy chains, scones and very nice chiminea. Lovely daughters too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How divine does this day look! Gorgeous! So glad to have found your blog! Rach x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such bliss and amazing photos, you have a proper camera not like my pics only taken with my Blackberry mobile!
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, I have Chiminea envy, love your new addition, far more practical than the pottery variety, and it cuts in two! Looks like a perfect day to slow down and appreciate the dads in our lives, and those gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Christine,
    Love the daisy chains! Lovely shots of a lovely weekend!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely daisy chains! Sounds like life has been mellow.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to join your monthly Slow Living forum but have difficulty achieving my own blog posts! Perhaps next year. It's always great to see what others are up to and they're an industrious bunch too. Just love that Chiminea and the daisy chain is oh so Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dreamy. And I want that chiminea! You're lucky you're in a different hemisphere! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos as always - and I want a chiminea too! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Greenie, we got it from Bunnings. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...