Saturday, September 22, 2012

To market, to market..

My suitcases are packed and I'm eagerly looking forward to tomorrow and my first market stall! I will be participating in the Suitcase Rummage at the Thornbury theatre from 11am - 4pm.

It's a  lovely event and I'm so pleased that after it's initial success it will be continuing on.  I managed to hop down for a squiz for the first one and  knew this was definitely the kind of thing I wanted to be involved in - a gorgeous ball room full of vintage and handmade goodness being offered for sale right out of peoples' suitcases, all the while to a background of live music performances on stage. Who could resist? Not I, nope, uh-uh..


I will be offering items from my shop including a few new additions that are yet to be listed, while the middle one has decided to join in and has been busy crafting her origami delights. To be completely honest, I'm really looking forward to it as a day out! To sit and soak up some urban slow and lovely music with perhaps a little Christmas shopping on the side will be a real treat for me!


If you find yourself in the area, do pop in and say hi! I would love to see you. Entry is free and refreshments are available.


Maybe I'll be seeing you...

14 comments:

  1. All the best with the market. I love the concept. Your SLE bags are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like some beautiful things, can't wait to rummage your rummage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Christine, your products look fantastic. Let us know how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so jealous our day was rained out for the free festival. Your daughter is very talented, I have never been able to master origami

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some beautiful things here Christine. Hope it goes well. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope it all goes well! i want to do something like this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it all goes well, Chris! Love the string handled paper bags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh my fella is in Melbourne so i'll send him your way if I can! I'll be in that neck of the woods in January, hope there's another one then!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you come back Chris, I hope you'll be telling us how well it went.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to look of it all. Pity I am in QLD. Let us know how you got on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope it all went really well, with lovely weather and a great turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your things, how did you go? A post-rummage report?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was a lovely day, people and a very nice experience for my first market stall! Thanks for your encouragement, I really appreciate it. You can read my report on the day here:

    http://slowlivingessentials.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/rummage-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...