Loving this week

It's funny how fast the weeks are going at the moment. Just as I think I am on top of things, Sunday rolls around and it's time to start thinking about the week ahead all over again! The faster I move, the faster the days and weeks seem to move, crazy, yes?!

It's nice to stop and notice the niceties, the little things that 'tickled the heart' as Brydie so eloquently puts it. Linking up with the cityhippyfarmgirl herself today..head on over to see what others are loving this week or if you too feel inclined to link up!

I'm loving this week short bursts of spring-like weather. Getting outside and breathing in the fresh air, soaking up some vitamin D and potting up a few volunteers for the front gate plant stand...


The little bunch of flowers the youngest won in a raffle on the weekend at the netball presentation night. She could have her pick of anything on the table and thought this would make me happy..which it did! Sweet thing, what really pulled at my heartstrings was that she didn't chose what she really wanted..the drink bottle that was calling her name.


Fortunately it kept on calling though, because a little later, her number came up again and off she skittled to collect the prize that was gnawing away at her yearning heart..


I'm loving watching the chooks do my gardening work this week for me, as the weather improves they are so happy to get out and cultivate the beds and do a much finer job than I ever could.

Plotting where Oma is now, as compared to last week on her ginormous travel-fest and hoping we catch up for a skype session soon. We miss you, Oma!!

Forgiving the goats their ridiculous antics and taking pleasure in them just being.  They are goats after all and their floppy ears flapping about as they run up the hill as just too sweet.

I'm also loving cracking out the dyes bought at the wool show recently. Let the colouring experiments commence..


 Enjoy the week, people. :)




Comments

  1. Looks like a lovely week for you , Christine. I am the same with my goats, they amuse me too much for me to worry about them being naughty. Great idea having a front gate plant stand, I was thinking of doing the same at our place for tomatoes and pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gate stand is a lot of fun, Kim, it's also a great way to offload excess eggs ;)

      Delete
  2. We are experiencing the most wonderful weather here in SA at the moment, it's more like Summer than Spring with temps of 28 degrees C. You have had such a lovely week and I am also looking forward to seeing your colour experiments.
    Take care
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you had some really warm weather Linda..and not long after the snow, too! Strange, but lovely. Enjoy your week. :)

      Delete
  3. Your daughter's gesture is so lovely... to put her own desires last and think of you first is such a huge thing. You must be tremendously touched and so very proud of her :)

    I'm enjoying the weather turning... I LOVE early fall and I'm determined to soak up every drop of it as it's leaves us quickly... We are also loving our juicy tomatoes - a hallmark sign that summer is ending...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, her thoughtfulness really blew me away, Sherri! Sigh...I do love fall..or autumn as we refer to it. Enjoy those tomatoes, I bet they are coming thick and fast for you! :)

      Delete
  4. This past week I have been loving your blog! I'm so excited to find a blog that is about everything I love, and you are very local to me in the grand scheme of things. I have enjoyed a trip to the tip you have blogged about , where I found things to make a mini greenhouse, I have made newspaper seedling "pots", and I have been generally inspired by your posts. Thanks! And what a sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, your sweet comment has made my day, Emily! Thankyou so much for your lovely feedback. Now, I was curious to find out where you were but your profile doesn't say?

      I haven't been to the tip in some time, I believe they have changed hands, although last time I did go, there were pickings aplenty! Clever girl getting the items to make a greenhouse! :)

      Delete
    2. I'm in Sunbury. Plenty of pickings at the tip still, though I imagine things come and go. It's great to go with a vague idea for a project and lots of imagination! I'll still be jealous of your big walk-in greenhouse but I gotta make do with the space I've got :)

      Keep up the excellent and inspiring work!

      Delete
  5. Yay!! Thanks for linking up Christine. I love hearing what other people are loving at the moment. It's those tiny little moments that really do tickle the heart.

    Now... I just got completely side tracked by your shop- which I have to say is looking particularly fine :-)
    I really shouldn't be buying more yarny goodness as my works in progress are ridculously large at the moment, but let me finish a few and ohh speak to me wool!

    Love that your girl got the bunch of flowers for you... so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful heart your girl has! Obviously loves her mum. Enjoy dyeing your wool, it's definitely inside weather today so maybe a good day for it? I love the idea of a gate stand but on a road with no passing traffic. I often try to think of a way to make use of excess produce that doesn't involve anything as official as a market. I've spent my week having fun giving away raspberry canes at the school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy oh boy do I know that feeling of the time just zipping by and it seems the Holiday Season is fast approaching. But for us on this side of the World we are longingly looking forward to Fall and cooler temps. Isn't it funny how human beings always long for something different?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts