Weekend pipelines..

My youngest is quite obsessed with Pokemon at the moment. She borrows books from the library, collects the trading cards and has even converted a fellow classmate or two to her pocket monster ways!

I thought it would be a bit of fun to indulge her obsession and found a cute little pattern online to make up..
{Pikachu}
 It only took an evening and a bit to complete. This morning I placed it on the front door mat outside, rang the bell and raced back inside through the back door. When I asked her who was at the door she looked at me blankly so I suggested she go and see. Unconvinced, she made her way over, peeked through the window and saw her new friend, Pikachu looking back at her from down below, teehee! I love a feel good prank!!


He's happens to be her second favourite pokemon, I've since been informed. The bluntness of kids, nothing beats it! She was still very excited with him though, which made me feel good (and a little relieved!).

Busyness in the pipeline...
 Stay tuned...

And as promised, my goodies from the visit to the Sheep & Wool show on Friday..

A handful of Landscape dyes, some sweet, quirky buttons, a couple of books on knitted flowers and knitted cakes which I just couldn't walk past, some stitch markers made by my spinning friend, a little yarn from the Woollen Mills, a flick carder for fibre preparation (a big step up from the dog comb I've been using!),  and a Corriedale fleece - this I have plans to ply with some brown alpaca fibre I already have. Phew!

What I'm liking most is that the farm that supplied the fleece is actually fairly close by!

How was your weekend? 

Comments

  1. Oooo I have to know who you bought those gorgeous buttons from? I went to the Wool Show but did not see them. Can I buy them online do you think? Cheers Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn, this is their facebook page:

      http://www.facebook.com/buttonsnmore.shirleyanne

      Best of luck - they really are the cutest buttons, I wish I had brought home more!

      Delete
  2. Love your quickly whipped up toy, and the running and ringing of doorbells. This busyness is very curious. Can't wait to hear about it clever lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute little pokemon toy and those gorgeous buttons. Looks like a very successful day at the sheep and wool show, I'm just a little bit jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy pranks are so much fun, Kirsty!

      Chez, the wool show was amazing!! It may sound a little obsessed but I cannot wait for next year's show.. :)

      Delete
  4. You are a clever knitter. Not surprising your daughter was so thrilled with her little pokemon.
    What a great find were those gorgeous buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How dumb am I? It's not knitting it's all done with the crochet hook. Something I have yet to master.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee, you're a clever cookie to note that from the squinty picture, Jean! Buttons are fab!! :)

      Delete
  6. What a great mum you are! Love the buttons and the crocheted flowers. I'm just trying my hand at crocheted flowers, they are so much fun. Yours looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I recently came across your blog (via Rhonda from Down to Earth) and have been inspired to join in the "Slow Living Essentials". I have two kids 6 and 8 and live in the suburbs of Brisbane along with our 2 pet chickens Coco and Fluffy (who are off the lay at the moment as it has been very cold here) We have a couple of little veggie patches (1.2m x 1.2m from Bunnings) and I've just bought a third one. The kids and I tried to put it together last night however it does say comes with "pre-drilled holes" and let me tell you there are no pre-drilled holes". The drill went flat so that was the end of that project at 5pm last night...will get back to it this coming weekend.

    My normal blog I have had for 3 years is called www.oureverydaylifeinpictures.blogspot.com and now I have created a blog to document other values which now has 3-4 posts so just brand new. www.oursimpleandmeaningfullives.blogspot.com (I'll have to double check the exact title as for some reason the search engines aren't finding it. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best way to learn, Racheal - they were my very first project learning to crochet too..I'm sure they're lurking in the archives somewhere. Plus they're SO handy to put on stuff..girls dresses, headbands, cosies..anything!

      Hi Kathy, it's so nice to meet you! The veggie beds sounds great! I have a friend who bought a couple that you refer to and then later went back to get more only to discover that it was loads cheaper to buy the timber and screws on their own, they even cut it to size for her and her young boy put them together, no nasty pre-drilled holes to deal with. Best of luck, once they're in you'll be gardening like no tomorrow, the vegies seem to love her raised boxes! :)

      Delete
  8. OOOh like your tea cosy and that little pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too!!! Love, Love, Love, the tea cosy!!! - Kara xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. here is a joke for the little one....
    how do you get 100 picachu's onto a bus?

    ...you "pokemon"

    Tony :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Love it! And so did she! Thankyou. xx

      Delete
  11. You've been very busy Ms Christine, and it looks like really good busy.
    The Sheep and Wool Show, oh I would have loved to have gone there. So much beaaauuutiful wool to be had.
    Now how cool is that book of knitted cakes, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Knitted cakes, yes Bryds, I'm currently in awe of inedible afternoon teas! Oh, my!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts