Intermission

It seems to be nearly a week since my last post. It seems I can't be in two places at once. It seems, as much as I push the idea away, an intermission is in order.

My focus is on my family at the moment as we pull together and watch over my dad, who as you may know, is not a well man. Cancer is a nasty life-robbing illness.

While I love to bring you tales of antics by the 'tweens, the odd recipe here and there and homemade body care ideas, writing about such things right now just doesn't feel right. Family comes first.

If you are a new reader, I'm so sorry you had to pass by at such a sad time when I would've liked to be bringing  you posts of joyful spring happenings and garden delights (which there are a several, I look forward to sharing them!).

I hope to post when I can, when time and energy allows and it feels....right.

In the meantime, I will be digging into the archives and searching for my favourite posts or those that have a special meaning to me which I do hope you will enjoy reading (or reading again!), until I can get back to my regular broadcasting.

Don't forget to scroll down onto my sidebar and take a look at all the wonderful posts happening from my favourite bloggy places while I'm 'here but gone'. I hope to be visiting you soon, seeing all the interesting things you've been up to and will try to stop by when I can.

Love and hugs to you,
Christine
xxx


PS - Thankyou to those who have sent good vibes and thoughts our way recently, they mean so very much to me.

PPS - To Carole, who emailed last week asking the name of my mum's German cookbook (and for anyone else that is interested), it's called: Julie Lutz's Kochbook. I'll try and post a pic of the cover soon..

Comments

  1. oh..christine..you need to take care of yourself too at this difficult time..my thoughts are with you..hugs..jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of you Christine. Good on you for recognising what works best for you and your family, and not trying to take on more than you can handle. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family does come first, look after yourself and yours - the blogging world will still be here where you're ready to come back. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all here for you in this time of need.
    Please take care and put your energy into healing and peaceful thoughts, We are.
    Hugs from the US in Nebraska
    Denimflyz

    ReplyDelete
  5. take care Christine, my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending Best Wishes and extra hugs to you all, Take all the time you need Christine, we will look forward to your return when you are ready. There is plenty of good reading in your archives and recycling your old posts uses way less energy! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be thinking of you and your family. Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts are with you, Christine. We will be here when you get back.
    kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be thinking of you, Chris. All the best, and please keep in touch... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big hugs to you Chris. I have been in the place that you are in so send you my most strengthening thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh Christine, Life can be so very cruel at times.
    Thinking of you all with warmth and love. Take care of yourselves first and we'll be here in support.
    Sue
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you, and will be awaiting your return when the time is right. Go in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a shame, I just found you via this month's Woman's Weekly! Will have a good browse tho and wish you well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best wishes to you Christine and your dear Dad.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  15. Take care and look after yourself. We are all thinnking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If it's alright, I'll add a mention of your family in my prayers. Take as long a breather as you need, with maybe just a "Hi" here and there if you can manage it so we don't worry. Family takes priority.

    l,
    brenda from arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thinking of you here to Christine...hope all your family takes some time out. The blogging world will be here when you have time...Family definitely comes first.
    lots of love and hugs
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. The biggest warmest hug until I see you. Love you so much brave lady. Don't forget to ask for help, anything at all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a fairly recent reader and don't comment often, but I felt that I had to say something this time. Take strength from those around you Christine, I too have been there recently and sadly several times now. In the meantime I will enjoy poking around your older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take care of yourself, Christine. Sending good thoughts to you and all your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thinking of you too Christine, you are a dear kind person and family always comes first here too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Take care Christine, healing thoughts are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Christine - I join your many blogland friends in sending you and your family warm and supportive wishes. I have lost both parents and a son, so I share a little of your pain - take care of yourself - everyone around you needs your strength too
    Love Greenie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts