Winter Wednesdays #10

I'm joining in with Hazel  today with her salute to all things good in Winter. Hope on over to her blog for more Winter Wednesdays  or to join in with your own contribution.

One of the things I'm loving about winter is staying inside and pottering in the kitchen while outside it's howling with wind and rain.

Lemons are so gorgeously fresh and in season right now, who can resist a jar or two of lemon butter? Plus, buying them from my favourite oppy (thrift shop), from a little basket near the cash register for 15 cents each just makes my day - it's hard to beat backyard lemons for flavour and ripeness.

Lemon Butter or Lemon Curd, which camp are you in?
Spread on hot toast, pikelets/pancakes, waffles (!), fresh bread, encased in pastry for tarts or straight from the jar scooped with a spoon *ahem*, this is winter treat food in our house.

Lemon Butter recipe HERE

Comments

  1. Yum! I love Lemon Curd!! I think Lemon Butter sounds more pleasant myself, even though I call it curd. :) Who cares? Let's just eat it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I have lemons galore that I must use soon and have been meaning to make curd.

    Trouble is it's lovely and sunny here today and it's hard not to head out into the garden and get digging.

    I do love a howling, windy, rainy day though...........hope there's a few more of them before Winter's over.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have lemons from an op shop too languishing in my fridge begging to be given a second life..jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Called it lemon butter all my life so i'm sticking to that. I love it on everything. Yummmy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally a lemon BUTTER person, grew up calling it that and while it might be in fashion to label in curd, I have no intention of changing now.

    I made some using the method Hazel posted about and it worked wonderfully. I still have piles of lemons from my various lemon suppliers (all home grown) so might cook up another batch soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love, love, love your winter wednesdays segment. i am here in the central US and today the temp was 111F ~ so for me, thinking about anything winter is just lovely! Thanks for the "cooling thoughts". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say lemon curd, but my mother always corrects me with "it's lemon butter". Must stick to family tradition I suppose :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you keep it in the fridge it will be good for a year or more -- if it lasts that long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lemon butter, love it, thanks for reminding me about that, now I will make some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm should make me some of this Lemon butter, it does looks very nice :)

    Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum I love lemon curd! That's what we called it whilst we were growing up. So tangy and so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. we have just about devoured our two jars of lemon butter within the week, makes a good change for school lunches. What recipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard the term "lemon butter" before (we're in OK in the US), but it sounds very pleasant. I do make lemon curd and am guilty of eating it directly off the spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm love lemon butter, have been know to put a dollop on my porridge! Yum. 15c what a bargain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. dear christine,
    i love lemon curd.
    hugs,regina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts