|Young, fresh and unblemished|
|The slight greenish tinge is some oxidation of the 'milk' or juice/sap. Although frightening to look at, they are safe to eat.|
Found growing in the presence of pine trees, they can sometimes be difficult to spot:
..and other times a little easier:
They have a characteristic 'giraffe' like pattern on their stem, which makes them difficult to confuse with other species. Good for us, the spontaneous foragers!
Enough for dinner, which is fine by me.
**Please, please never ever pick and eat wild mushrooms unless you are are certain or are with someone who is certain exactly what variety is in front of you! Remember, no identification, no picking!!**