The Green Thing

That's what the hubby asked if that was what I was wearing today as he saw it sitting on the bed whilst I went off to have a shower. "U-huh" was the affirmative that came his way.  I'm not sure if he thought that was a good thing or a bad thing, but that's beside the point. The Green Thing. Nothing beats that for a title, I have to say!

The Green Thing  -  back

Over the holidays I saw THE CUTEST little crochet top on someone while I was out and about. I just had to try and make one for myself and it was certainly a whole lot of fun to find a pattern and have a go at making one! It's a little on the wonky side and nothing like the one I saw (which has become SO hard to remember)..but it fits! Yay, it fits!!

The Green Thing  -  front
After trawling my way through Ravelry, I came across this pattern and decided to give it a go. What I liked most about the pattern was the way it was written..in a conversational style with instructions to make it to fit the body that is going to wear it..instead of stating precise measurements that never seem to match mine.  It grew so quickly and only took a few nights to complete, the shells being super quick to create. So much fun!

Shells on The Green Thing
If I was to make it again, I would perhaps make the top part a little narrower, and maybe try a different yarn. This one was made in Bamboozle (a 70% bamboo/30% cotton combo from Lincraft - 5 balls approx) which is luxuriously soft although a little on the heavy side..I'm slightly worried about the weight on my thin little straps there. It wears fine though, is very comfy and for my first real garment..I'm pretty happy with it! :)

Comments

  1. Clever girl! :-) When I grow up I would love to be able to do that!
    Love 'the green thing'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh huh what cityhippyfarmgirl said.. I want to be able to do that when I grow up,. how cook is that you could see something then make it.. I cant tell one end of the crochet hook from the other... the "green thing" is puuuurfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that's great. I haven't crocheted since I was a kid but seeing that I'm tempted to take it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! You are so clever Christine! I can only wish I would be able to make something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very impressed, I love that "Green thing"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine you clever thing. That is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You clever thing! I think it would look great without the top underneath :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I really like that! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Christine,

    I happen to love 'the green thing'!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Christine...this is really nice. I like the "green thing" :-)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris, too clever, that's gorgeous! I wish I'd had something like that yesterday when I had to go to a 1970's themed party (I ended up making a kaftan :))!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that alot... you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a very fine fit - love the green thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the green thing! It is gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks ladies..you are so very kind. It was SO much fun to make and really quick too. Crochet is still pretty new to me ..it was a nice simple, straightforward pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like everyone has said...you are very clever! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts