Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cherry & Chocolate Muffins

I made these muffins last week and thought I really must try and make some more, they were pretty darn good! I usually stick to bananas, apricots or apples when adding fruit to muffins but I found the cherries were a great addition.. plump, juicy and delicious! If fresh are not around, pitted jar cherries will be just fine...

Chocolate cherry muffins - they're a little bit Black Foresty - just add cream and you're there!

Ingredients (makes 24):
115ml light flavoured vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk

450g self-raising flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
210g sugar
60g cocoa

1 1/2 cups pitted cherries or drained sour cherries from a 680g jar (Aldi in Aus has such a jar ;) )

Preheat oven to moderate 180c. In a medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together. In a seperate bowl, sift dry ingredients together. Gently add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing gently with a wooden spoon until just combined. Add the cherries and stir gently. Scoop the batter into greased muffin trays and bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and a skewer inserted into a centre muffin comes out clean. Best eaten while still warm!

5 comments:

  1. They really do look a bit black foresty! I'm sure these would go down a treat for afternoon tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything even slightly black foresty needs further investigation I say.
    Yum Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the thing for afternoon tea, Celia..or a child's lunchbox!

    Absolutely, Brydie. I am quite partial to all things Black Foresty too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spookily I had a slice of Black Forest Cake in London town at Paul Rhodes cafe/bakery last week, which I split with my nephew, he ate his half and then wondered if I was going to finish mine... so he finished it. Mm those look good Christine - if I make them I'll make sure to do it when he aint around...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuuuuuummmmmmy. That looks so good, can you guess black forest cake is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...