2011 in images - **a special G1veaway**!

A little while ago my brother discovered the pastime of picture taking and I think it's fair to say, has become quite hooked. Every time we see him he has more pictures to share with us. These are just a few of my favourites...

Altona Beach
(http://www.braunaudio.deviantart.com/)

Lakes Entrance sunrise
(http://www.braunaudio.deviantart.com/)

A very familiar looking boatshed!
(http://www.braunaudio.deviantart.com/)

The Crofts
(http://www.braunaudio.deviantart.com/)

Sorrento Pier
(http://www.braunaudio.deviantart.com/)

Phantom Falls, Marysville
(http://www.braunaudio.deviantart.com/)

Reflections of a shed
(http://www.braunaudio.deviantart.com/)

(Lakes Entrance Sunrise)
(http://www.braunaudio.deviantart.com/)

More of his work can be viewed at his deviant page. His pictures are amazing, at least I think so! Jump over and take a look when you have a few spare moments.

He also went to the trouble of producing a 2011 wall calender which he handed out to each family member at Christmas! I thought it would be fun to offer one here as a giveaway to see in the new year for a lucky reader. The calender has one page to a month with space for jotting down notes/appointments on each day.  There is a different picture for each month, drawing on a selection from those in his deviant gallery.

To enter, tell me something interesting about photography (it could be a tip, a memory, your best photo experience - either as the subject or taker, or even just what sort of camera you are using or would like to use). Entries will close Sunday 16th January (AEDT) and the winner announced that week. Overseas readers are most welcome to enter. Good luck!

Photos shared with permission from Braun Audio. (http://www.braunaudio.deviantart.com/)

Comments

  1. Not a tip,I couldn't come close to your brother. I will say though that I was very reluctant to buy a digital camera but now I wouldn't be without it. Digital allows me the luxury of capturing everyday moments without worrying about wasting film. It also allows me to adjust any little problems with the images too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was a kid (about 9-10yrs) we went to old sydney town for a shool excursion. It was the first time mum would let me take the camera. We were watching a re enactment of a convict flogging and I remember waiting for just the perfect time to take the photo ofn the whip around his body. When it was developed the whip definitely was wrapped around his body.....I was so proud of that photo ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best tip is about composition, and it's one of the most useful things my photography professor taught me: run your eye around the edge of the frame before you trip the shutter.
    Sounds obvious, I know...but what a difference it can make it the resulting image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos Christine. I love the one of Sorrento pier...Lovely, Lovely...
    I love taking photos but eyes start crossing when I try and think about all the things there are to learn regarding taking a good photo and photoshop. Makes my head spin. One day I'll get it all...love my canon G10 though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the other day that you should always look at people's eyes when you try for a portrait shot, I have been practising on the poodles lately... if your brother has any tips for focussing on fuzzy black dogs I would love to hear them. I like the pier shot very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fuzzy black poodles, well... no, white poodles, well thats a whole other story. ;)

    but seriously, when "shooting" dogs and such, the best tip i can give is to get down to eye le'el with them and "shoot" them straight on. possibly with a bit o distance between you and them with them running towards you. A good zoom lens o approx 100mm focal length or so, and a nice wide aperture setting to keep the depth o field nice and narrow.

    Hope that helps Joanna.

    Bruce.
    (Christine's brother). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos Christine {and Bruce}. I recently purchased myself a Nikkon D3100 and I love it!!! I have no tips as I am a beginner DSLR user. I am still reading and re-reading the user's manual. So much to learn!!! I love taking photos of my girls and sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Bruce - I will try that, will have to borrow a serious camera from the cameraman to work with. Trouble with the black fuzzy one is that he rarely stays still and has become a tad camera shy too. Outdoors is always better than indoors, indoors is next to impossible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts