Happy Father's Day (plus treats for Dad)

This year, we enjoyed a relaxed Father's Day lunch at my brother's house. The weather was rainy, so it was  nice to be inside, warm and dry! The food was lovely and the girls had a great time catching up with their cousins.

Yesterday, the 10 year old and I spent an enjoyable afternoon in the kitchen preparing some small gifts for 'The Dads': their dad, my dad and their uncle, my brother. I hope the dads enjoy them! Happy Fathers Day!

 What did you get up to?

Selection of small treats for Dad: Spiced Nuts, Almond Florentines and Chocolate Brownie

Spiced Nuts recipe We used double quantity, and a mixture of pecans, walnuts, macadamias, cashews and almonds.

Almond Florentines recipe  that I came across on spiceandmore's blog. And here they are originally on  Celia's blog. We substituted 1/2 cup glace cherries in place of the currants that Spice used and used a silicone muffin tray for baking.

Comments

  1. Your gifts look beautiful. I bet they loved them.
    Fathers Day was spent at yum cha with family in the am, massage for Mr Chocolate and then a little bbq in the park for dinner. I think he did alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, your florentines look wonderful! They look so good made in the muffin tins - I'll have to try them again! Loved the spiced nuts too - we use a Hugh FW recipe which uses eggwhite as a binder rather than butter. Very moreish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the perfect day for Mr Chocolate, Brydie! :)

    Celia, I had a bit of trouble with sticking in the metal tins, but the silicone tray was great. Would love to get my hands on the Hugh FW nuts recipe (that didn't sound quite right, did it?), I do enjoy his cooking! The recipe I used could easily have the butter cut back because they were a little on the oily side coming out of the pan but still very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here you go, Chris, I blogged it earlier this year..

    http://figjamandlimecordial.com/2010/05/05/spiced-nuts/

    We're huge River Cottage fans here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Celia! I will definitely try this version at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts