More Fruit Trees....

My quest for some more fruit trees found myself and the 10 year old in orchard country today. I receive email updates from this particular fruit garden, and simply could not resist the fruit trees they had on offer, at very reasonable prices.


The weather was chilly, but it was good to get out of the house and go for a drive. Everything is so green at the moment, with all of the recent rain...

Mount Alexander Fruit Gardens are a family run business that offers a 'pick your own' style of service They also visit several local farmers' markets, as well as travelling to Collingwood Children's Farm and St Kilda markets in Melbourne. Details are on their website.


At different times of the year, they offer cherries, apples, apricots, nectarines, peaches, pears and plums in different grades.



They are also "certified in conversion to organic".

Besides being a pleasant drive, the daughter and I also brought home our pre-ordered fruit trees: cherry (Sunburst, I saw this variety on "Costa", very excited!), pear - Packam, pear - Josephine, and a self-pollinating almond.

The trees from the market last week have been planted, and after these latest additions are in, I think that will complete the tree stage of the new chook run/fruit forest!

Comments

  1. I just love that photo with the old rusty sheds in the background - reminds me of my childhood in South Australia and holidays spent on farms. Miss those types of scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sonya, I think the rusted sheds are an iconic part of the Aussie landscape, along with lopsided bore windmills. Lucky you holidaying on farms as a child :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts