Saturday, June 12, 2010

Slow Saturday...

What are rainy days at home good for?

A little bit of cooking....

Steak, Guinness and Cheese Pie from Jamie at Home. Made with a little home brew stout.....


Oh, no! It looks like we have a gusher!!

Too bad mushrooming season is over...some Slippery Jacks would've been very tasty in this pie.

Also good weather for a little bit of sewing...

A vintage style top to wear over jeans....The Husband has named it the The Carol Brady Top. I like it. The material came from the op shop and so did the pattern.....


....which was opened but had never been used! Curious, I checked out when it was made...Published in 1972!


Don't you just love the diagrams in retro orange?
Instead of sleeves, I made a simple 'facing' to finish the armholes off.

...and also good weather for finding a cosy spot with a favourite read.

Hope your Saturday has been just as good.

7 comments:

  1. sounds like the perfect (and highly productive) day, Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Carol Brady top. Perfect over jeans. Going to look funky sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha ... LOL I remember the Brady's well. Funnily I finished a dress for DD along the same lines as your top and started Op shop sewing for myself yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ...rude manners ... I love your top! It sounds like a lovely day, and yes my Saturday was quite pleasant too . : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to agree with the above comments. Sounds like a great Saturday! I am jealous! And yes, I too like the top! Husbands have no taste! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to ask...what is an "op" shop?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies, you are very kind :o). I wore the top yesterday to the park and had a lovely time basking in the (rare!) sun in it.

    Wendy, an op shop is short for "opportunity shop", which is a second-hand shop or thrift store. You'll find anything from homewares, toys, linen, clothing and books etc. there. LOTS of bargains to be had there for those willing to look/rummage.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...