Aww, shucks...

It seems I have been awarded my first blog award. Huh, who would've thought! Thanks, Tammy.

Tammy kept me motivated when I first started keeping this blog, by dropping by and saying hi, commenting on this and that, for which I'm really grateful. Thankyou!

I'll admit, I'm not much of an award minded person, but in the spirit of the award I will share ten things about me that make me happy.

1. Happy kids laughing
2. Smooth, pudgy baby skin
3. My goaty cuddles as their prickly face hairs tickle my nose
4. Seeds sprouting out from damp earth
5. Warm, crusty bread straight from the oven
6. A roaring bonfire on a cold day
7. Successful op shop visits
8. Sleep
9. Taking a good photo (which is pretty rare)
10. Cooking for people I love - without it being expected

(a great hubby and happy kids aren't listed, because this goes without saying)

Oh, and just cause I'm me..I'm adding another:

11. Finding all of the fantastic blogs out there and the wonderful people behind them. So much to read and learn and many friendships to be formed as well!

I'm choosing not to forward this award on, because I believe the real value of keeping a blog is the knowledge that is shared in the 'community' and the comments we leave on each others space as confirmation that there are people out there that 'get' what we are on about....Awards are great, if that is your thing, but for me, they're not. I always was lowsy at chain mail as a kid....

Thankyou all the same, though, I really do appreciate the thought.

And speaking of successful op shop visits...I had a ripper today!

Here's a little sneak peak...

Still musing over what they're going to be...stay tuned.

Comments

  1. That does look like a successful op shop stash! I totally get it, the sharing 10 happy things was the reason I actually chose to do this award usually I accept but don't do the requirements part of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the blog award!
    I love all your 10 things, make that 11, and your opshop finds look great. I'm hanging for some opshop action in places that haven't been picked over by vultures. (you have to be damn quick round here!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do with your op shop stash :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh, pretty fabrics! It's almost as much fun to see someone else's finds as it is to find them yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A well deserved blog award - well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Popular Posts