Saturday, May 15, 2010

Marble Bundt Cake

This cake was made to feed an army of hungry women yesterday. As most of it got eaten, I guess the team found it agreeable. This made me happy, as I used one of my other recipes and changed a few things here and there after becoming frustrated by not finding a recipe online that I liked the look of.

It is actually a variation of the orange syrup cake recipe here, but with the orange omitted and some cocoa, cinnamon and almond meal added for the marbling. I also ran out of SR flour and had to make up my own with baking powder and plain flour! Next time I'll try to be more organised.

Marble Bundt Cake

Here are the ingredients:
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 eggs (lucky me, I happened to find a big, fresh duck egg to use!)
1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup yoghurt or sour cream
1/2 cup milk

3 cups SR flour

1/3 - 1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup almond meal

Grease and flour a large bundt tin. Preheat oven to 180c. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract.

Add the flour and combined yoghurt/milk alternately, starting and ending with the yoghurt/milk mixture. Remove about 1/3 of the mixture to a seperate bowl and add the sifted cocoa, cinnamon and almond meal. If it is a little dry, add a splash more milk to bring the consistancy up to the same as the plain mixture.

Add the cake batter to the prepared tin, alternating dollops of plain and cocoa mixture. Start and end with plain mixture. Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a cake skewer inserted comes out clean. Invert onto a cake rack and allow to cool slightly. Dust with icing sugar and serve while still warm with plenty of whipped cream.

Any leftovers are best reheated, due to the large quantity of butter in the recipe. Feeds a tribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, so nice of you to stop by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I love hearing what you are up to. Christine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...