No 1. No kids around (last time they were a huge distraction!)
No. 2. Distilled water used instead of tap
No. 3. Less fragrance oil used (by 1/3).
The soap still traced quickly with the stick blender and had I not been totally focused I think it may also have seized, which I am putting down to the fragrance oil. These last two batches are the only ones where I have tried fragrance oils and as it turns out, the only ones I have had trouble with super fast tracing..
As I was on my own with no disturbances, I was able to pour the soap into the mold quickly enough only just before it completely solidified.
I was excited to try some avocado oil that I had come across. I used this at no more than 5% of the total oils, as apparently it is a soft oil and my book recommended using only this much. The soap was ran through a soap calculator for a superfatting of 6%. The quantities of ingredients for a 1500g batch I used are as follows:
30% coconut oil - 450g
65% olive oil - 975g
5 % avocado oil - 75g
500ml distilled water
1/4 cup loosely packed dried, ground sage leaves (from the garden)
30ml lemongrass 'essential oil' but I have my doubts. It was a fragrance, going by the cheap price.
The lye was added to the melted oils at 100f. Using the stick blender it was mixed, alternating with slow stirring. The sage and fragrance were added at a thin trace and then poured into the mold as the mixture thickened (really quickly!). The lid was fitted and the soap insulated for 48 hours, undisturbed.
Another thing I tried differently this time was not using plastic wrap to line the mold. Big mistake! I had so much trouble getting the soap out of the mold and ended up with quite a pile of scraps that I ended up rolling up into little 'soap balls'.
The soap is now on another cake rack drying. I really need to organise some racks to use specifically for soapmaking, as my kitchen desperately needs the cake ones back!
Lemongrass & Olive Oil soap with Sage