Blueberry muffins

I had the urge to bake. Muffins. Blueberry muffins, that is. Blueberries are everywhere at the moment, so sneakily I had to hide a couple of punnets in the fridge, so they wouldn't get eaten, before I got my chance to bake.

Blueberry Muffins, Christine's way (the easy way):

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups SR flour
2/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup almond meal (if I don't have this, I usually just substitue plain flour instead)
90ml vegetable oil
1 egg
1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
2 punnets blueberries (about 1-1 1/2 cups)
175g white chocolate bits
Demerara sugar, to sprinkle

Preheat oven to 180c. Grease a 12 hole and a 6 hole muffin tin. Mix flour(s), almond meal and sugar in a large bowl. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil and milk. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add the blueberries and white chocolate and stir gently.


Divide mixture among the prepared muffin pans and sprinkle with demerara sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.



Turn onto a wire rack to cool.


Serve warm with thick cream.

Our little feathered friend I talked about yesterday, sadly didn't survive. He wouldn't eat anything this morning and then went to sleep and said goodbye to us. Poor little guy.

Comments

Popular Posts